In court today:
– AshGold failed to move their motion for the Court of Appeal to hear their legal arguments.
– Even before moving their motion, their lawyer, Sam Crabbe was raising arguments with the affidavit filed by the defendant (GFA)
– The Appeals Court insisted that since they are the ones who have come to court for an injunction on the league, they move their motion for their substantive appeal to be heard before they raise arguments.
– AshGold were unable to move their own motion.
– As a result of their inability to move and defend their motion at the Appeals Court, they eventually withdrew their appeal
– A cost of GHS5000 was awarded against AshGold.
- This means that AshGold had no grounds of appeal but wanted to frustrate the free flow of the betPawa Premier League
- A total of GHS25k has been awarded against AshGold for the GFA (20,000 at the High Court and 5,000 at the Appeals Cour)
Ghana football is the winner!