Barcelona and Spain midfielder Alexia Putellas has won the 2021 Women’s Ballon d’Or.
Putellas was one of five players nominated from the Barcelona team following their first Champions League triumph along with winning the Primera Division title.
She was the highest-scoring midfielder in Europe with 26 goals in all competitions last season.
Putellas was also named UEFA’s Women’s Player of the Year and midfielder of the year.
Women’s Ballon d’Or nominees
- Alexia Putellas (Barcelona)
- Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea)
- Marie-Antoinette Katoto (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Sam Kerr (Chelsea)
- Stina Blackstenius (BK Hacken)
- Wendie Renard (Lyon)
- Samantha Mewis (North Carolina Courage)
- Pernille Harder (Chelsea)
- Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal)
- Sandra Panos (Barcelona)
- Lieke Martens (Barcelona)
- Jessie Fleming (Chelsea)
- Irene Paredes (Barcelona)
- Ashley Lawrence (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Christine Sinclair (Portland Thorns)
- Ellen White (Manchester City)
- Christiane Endler (Lyon)
- Jennifer Hermoso (Barcelona)
- Fran Kirby (Chelsea)
- Kaddiatou Diani (Paris Saint-Germain)