Quickfire first-half goals from Alexis Sanchez and Jesse Lingard set Manchester United on their way to a pulsating 3-1 FA Cup fourth-round win over Arsenal at the Emirates on Friday night.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang pulled a goal back two minutes before the break from Aaron Ramsey’s pass but, despite plenty of possession in attacking areas, Arsenal failed to threaten enough. United sealed their path into round five late on when Paul Pogba’s shot was spilled and Anthony Martial netted with a powerful finish.
- United have won six matches at the Emirates – more than any other visiting side has managed since Arsenal moved there at the start of the 2006-07 campaign.
- Since losing 2-1 to Arsenal in the quarter-final in March 2015, Manchester United have won more FA Cup matches than any other team (16).
- Manchester United have registered eight consecutive wins in all competitions for the first time since January 2017.
- Since the start of the 2014-15 season, Alexis Sanchez has scored 41 goals in all competitions at the Emirates Stadium (40 for Arsenal, one for Man Utd) – 14 more than any other player.
- Just 149 seconds separated Manchester United’s first and second goals – they scored with their first two efforts on target.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored on his Arsenal debut in the Premier League (v Everton), Europa League (v Vorskla Poltava) and FA Cup (v Man Utd).
- Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku has scored 13 goals and assisted four in his last 15 FA Cup appearances.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored on all seven days of the week this season for Arsenal.
- Jesse Lingard has scored four goals for Manchester United against Arsenal in all competitions – double the number he has scored against any other opponent for the Red Devils.