Ghanaian giants Asante Kotoko, Real Tamale United (RTU) and Accra Hearts of Oak have been ranked amongst the best 150 clubs in Africa according to the latest ranking by International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) for the first decade (2001-2010) of the 21st Century.
Other premier league clubs Kumasi King Faisal, Ashanti Gold SC and Liberty Professionals also makes the list.
In addition to Real Tamale United, other division one sides, Berekum Arsenal and Kpando Hearts of Lions were included.
The ranking by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics has been done based on the performances of the clubs in their respective leagues and African competitions (CAF Champions League and CAF Confederation Cup) within the years under review.
Coming in first as Ghana’s top-ranked club, Asante Kotoko is ranked 11th with 7365 points.
Hearts of Oak is followed as the second top Ghanaian club with 5785 points, leaving the side to occupy the 21st position.
Ranking of Ghanaian Clubs
1.Asante Kotoko (7,365 points)
2.Hearts of Oak (5,785 points)
3.King Faisal Babies (4,555 points)
4.Ashanti Gold SC (4,035 points)
5.Liberty Professionals (3,260)
6.Berekum Arsenal (2,950 points)
7.Kpando Hearts of Lions FC (2,610 points)
8.Real Tamale United (2,590 points)
Also find below the top 10 ranked African clubs:
- Al-Ahly Cairo – Egypt (12,015 points)
- Espérance Sportive de Tunis -Tunisia (10,505 points)
- Etoile Sportive du Sahel – Tunisia (10,085 points)
- ASEC Mimosas Abidjan – Côte-d’Ivoire (9,405 points)
- Cotonsport FC de Garoua – Cameroon (8,915 points)
- Zamalek SC Cairo – Egypt (8,085 points)
- Jeunesse Sportive de Kabylie – Algeria (7,930 points)
- Enyimba International FC – Nigeria (7785 points)
- Al-Hilal Omdurman – Sudan (7,660 points)
- AS FAR Rabat – Morocco (7,450 points)
By: Mohammed Nazeef Sulemana