‘New Black Stars Coach should be given a project to work on but not a target to achieve’ – Kwaku Oduro

Kwaku Oduro of Kesmi FM
Kwaku Oduro of Kesmi FM

The Ghana Football Association is expected to announce the new coach for the Black Stars after the dismissal of CK Akonnor some few days ago.

There are rumors that the new Black Stars Coach would have a target to achieve which many sports enthusiasts have expressed their reservations.

According to award winning Sports Presenter, Kwaku Oduro on his Morning Sports Show, the new coach should not be given a target to achieve because he believes that the current squad that the team has, is not ready to achieve a target (trophy).

“If we don’t give the coach a plan and we give him an objective or a target to meet, we will lose it because we do not have the quality for targets we have the quality for a project or a plan” – Kwaku Oduro stated on Kesmi Morning Sports.

“A plan or project to build a team for the future. Build a team for future trophies. We should forget about even winning the next AFCON and build, build build a team that can challenge for trophies in the next three to four years”.

This he explained, will give Ghana a spine or a core team that would always have about 70% quality then the coach could be inviting the other 30% to come in to augment the core of 70%.

With three months away from next year’s AFCON, there are rumours that the new coach will be given a target to win the tournament and Qualifies the team to next year World Cup in Qatar.

See also  BOXING: Tyson Fury brilliantly stops Deontay Wilder in seven round masterclass in Las Vegas

With the time available, it might be a difficult task for the coach to achieve which might bring another disappointing performance to the Ghana Football Association.
The new Coach should be given a project to work on before given a target to achieve.
However, any target that should be given now should be challenging but achievable as well.

By: Mohammed Nazeef Sulemana


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here