Home News UCL: Man Utd meet PSG for the first time – the stats
- This will be the first competitive encounter between Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain. Four of the last five two-legged encounters between teams from England and France in the Champions League knockout phase have seen the French side progress.
- No French team has ever beaten Manchester United away from home in European competition (D4 L10). In the Champions League, only two French sides have avoided defeat at Old Trafford: Monaco in March 1998 (1-1), Lille in October 2005 (0-0).
- PSG have won only one of their 10 away games in all competitions against English opposition (D4 L5). It was a 2-1 victory against Chelsea in March 2016 in the round of 16, the last time they progressed through a knockout round of the Champions League.
- PSG have reached the Champions League knockout stages for a seventh consecutive season, the longest current run after Real Madrid (22), Barcelona (15) and Bayern Munich (11). However, they have never progressed further than the quarter-finals in that time, dropping out at the round of 16 in each of the last two campaigns.
- PSG scored more goals than any other team in the Champions League group stages this season (17 in six games).
- 57% of Manchester United’s goals in the Champions League this season have been scored after the 85th minute (4 out of 7).
- Old Trafford has witnessed the fewest goals in this season’s Champions League group stages (2 in 3 games).
- Among the 16 managers left in this season’s Champions League, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is one of three to have won it as a player (with Man Utd in 1999), alongside Pep Guardiola (with Barcelona in 1992) and Santi Solari (with Real Madrid in 2002).